by Kendall Callas
If you were worried about the long term future of WordPerfect's new owner, Corel Corporation,
relax. PC Magazine (July 1997) ranked Corel 17th out of the 100 Most Influential Companies --
companies that are likely to lead the Personal Computing industry in the coming years.
ò WordPerfect Suite 7.0 - Legal Edition for Windows 3.1x
(previously released for Windows 95) includes:
- WordPerfect 7
- Quattro Pro 7
- Presentations 7
- Paradox 7
- Corel Address Book
- Desktop Application Director
- Netscape Navigator
The suite also includes the following integrated third-party applications:
- HotDocs 4
- Corel Amicus Attorney 1.7
- NexLaw 7
- Lexicon from BLACK's Law Dictionary
- The American Heritage Concise Dictionary, Third Edition
- CompareRite 5.5
- FullAuthority 5.5
Price: $449 new, $229 for the upgrade version.
The Legal Edition for WordPerfect 8 is planned for the fall of 1997 (for Windows 95 or NT).
ò Corel WordPerfect Suite 8 Professional (for Windows 95 or NT) includes:
- WordPerfect 8 for easy word processing
- Quattro Pro 8 for spreadsheet functionality
- Presentations 8 for slide show finesse
- CorelCENTRAL 8 with Netscape Communicator (includes Navigator 4 web browser) for complete personal information management
- Corel Paradox 8 for database power
- Corel Time Line project management
- Corel WEB.SiteBuilder 8
- Deluxe 2 CD, 1998 Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia from Grolier Inc.
- Envoy 7 Viewer/Printer Driver
- 10,000 clipart images 1,000 fonts
- More than 200 photos
Price: $479 new, $249 for the upgrade. Available only on CD-ROM.
Copyright (C) 1997 by microCounsel. All rights reserved.
[ Home Page | Articles List | Top of this article ]