Double Duty Keystrokes:
Word and WordPerfect Shortcuts
by Kendall Callas
Quit mousing around!
Keystrokes are faster and less vulnerable to error than mouse techniques. The keys below work identically in both Word and WordPerfect for Windows.
- HOME - * move cursor to left edge of line
- END - * move cursor to right edge of line
- Ctrl+HOME - * move cursor to top of document
- Ctrl+END - * move cursor to bottom of document
- Ctrl+Up arrow - * previous paragraph move cursor up paragraph-by-paragraph
- Ctrl+Down arrow - * next paragraph move cursor down paragraph-by-paragraph
- Ctrl+Right arrow - * next word move cursor right word-by-word
- Ctrl+Left arrow - * previous word move cursor left word-by-word
- PgDown - * screen down
- PgUp * - screen up
- Alt+PgDown - top of next page
- Alt+PgUp - top of previous page
* Asterisked keystrokes work in all Windows programs.
- Ctrl+Backspace - * delete word at cursor
- Ctrl+Enter - page break (force new page at cursor)
- Ctrl+F6 - switch to next document window
- Ctrl+Tab - * in dialog box: displays next tabbed menu
- Ctrl+Tab - in table: inserts Tab character into cell
Copyright (C) 2001 by microCounsel. All rights reserved.
Home Page |
Articles List |
Top of this article