by Kendall Callas
New Phone Number for Corel Tech Support
On May 30, Corel tech support changes telephone numbers. The new number for Classic phone support is (613) 274-0500.
WordPerfect 10 Ships
The latest issue of WordPerfect, version 10, shipped May 1st as part of the Corel® WordPerfect® Office 2002 suite. Street price is as low as $410 for the Professional version, $330 for the Standard version. Upgrade pricing is $250 for Professional, $150 for Standard. Available at Buy.com, Amazon.com, TigerDirect.com, and direct from Corel (1-800-772-6735).
Corel press releases say that over 70% of the new features and enhancements are based directly on feedback from customers ... with several new add-ons and enhancements to popular features such as Publish to PDF, file sharing, Corel® RealTime Preview and more ...
I haven't had a chance to study the improvements yet, but Corel claims WordPerfect 10 offers these new or improved features:
Corel has also improved the rest of the suite, including:
- Variables serve as unique markers which enable quick and easy updating of continuously changing data in templates, such as client names or service charges.
- Text to Tables to Text for fast creation of tables based on separator delimited text.
- Improved MS Word compatibility makes it easier to share files with Microsoft® Word users.
- The Pocket Oxford Dictionary.
- Publish-to-PDF for mailing documents to clients or colleagues as attachments via electronic mail.
- HTML enhancements for clean and direct document publication to the Internet.
- Corel® RealTime Preview enhancements.
- New e-mail client built into CorelCENTRAL 10 Personal Information Manager.
- Groupware support in the CorelCENTRAL 10 Calendar facilitates sharing and managing schedules over a network.
- The ability to activate multiple e-mail accounts simultaneously from one location.
- The ability to share address books in CorelCENTRAL 10.
- New charting engine in Quattro Pro provides easy access to exceptionally attractive charts in the spreadsheet without the need to use additional graphics applications.
- Publish presentations to the Internet using Macromedia Flash.
- Now use MP3, WMA sound files in electronic slide presentations.
- Add motion to presentations using animated GIF files in Corel Presentations 10.
- Internet calling service Net2Phone® is now included in WordPerfect Office 2002 to facilitate communication from computer to phone, computer to computer and computer to fax machine directly from the desktop.
Upgrade Policy. Customers who have a purchased copy of Corel WordPerfect 5.0 or higher, CorelDRAW 3® or higher, Microsoft® Office 95 or higher, or Lotus® SmartSuite® 97 or higher can purchase WordPerfect Office 2002 at the upgrade price.
Copyright (C) 2001 by microCounsel. All rights reserved.
Home Page |
Articles List |
Top of this article